The mission of our organization is:
1. To promote research, professional education and clinical activities in the field of mental health through the participation and collaboration of Hispanic psychiatrists, psychologists and other mental health professionals in the United States, Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain and Portugal.
2. To work together for the continuous improvement of diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitative and general health care of persons suffering from mental illness, intellectual or developmental disabilities, and substance use disorders.
3. To promote the collaborative process between Hispanic mental health professionals and other Latino organizations for the good of all Hispanic patients in the United States, Latin America, Caribbean, Span and Portugal.
4. To facilitate the dissemination of state-of-the-art knowledge and techniques to improve service delivery and policy that may improve the well being of Latinos.
5. To advocate for policies based on the best available scientific evidence that aim to eliminate the health disparities prevalent in Latino and other minority populations.
6. To support Latino patients, families and communities in the promotion of wellness and inclusion initiatives.